What is Vaginal Dryness and its complications?
One of the most common problem among women. Earlier, the problem was limited to menopausal women only, but now every age group of women can be seen suffering from this problem. The condition can be uncomfortable and problematic for women, especially at the Time of making sexual intercourse. Continuity of vaginal dryness conditions and lack of treatment may affect the intimate relationship and may lead to dissatisfaction while having intercourse. In addition, lubrication during sexual relation helps to prevent sexually transmitted diseases, but scratches and wounds caused by vaginal dryness on its wall are a way of entering infect in the body. On the other hand, the vaginal lubrication helps maintain useful vaginal bacteria and prevents vaginal and sexually transmitted diseases. Therefore, if vaginal dryness does not treated, it can create inappropriate conditions.
The Symptoms of Vaginal Dryness
Lack of lubrication is one of the most common signs and symptoms of the vaginal dryness. Apart from this, various symptoms of vaginal dryness are:
- Painful Intercourse
- Burning & irritation
- Light Bleeding During Sex
- General Discomfort
- Urinary Frequency
The Causes of Vaginal Dryness
Exact Causes are still unknown, but as per the medical research, some common causes are given under:
- Low Estrogen Level: Estrogen deficiency will affect the vaginal walls and elasticity of vaginal tissue. It will reduce the natural lubrication. Estrogen level is generally low in women during pre-menopause, menopause, after childbirth, breastfeeding.
- Chronic Disease & Treatments Thereof: Radiography and Chemotherapy given to the cancer patients deliver radiation which reduces the estrogen level and further causing Vaginal Dryness.
- Life-Style Habits: Women who are engaged in huge smoking and alcohol habits may have the problem of vaginal dryness
- Medications: Some medicine such as birth control pills, High blood pressure medicine, Anti-histamines and chemotherapy medicines affects the inner lining tissue by affecting the estrogen level. These medicines lead to drying the Vagina or reducing the growth of lubricants in the women.
- Psychological Issues: Women going through the stress, emotional trauma, depression may find the problem of insufficient sexual arousal and lack of lubrication. Anxiety triggers the hormonal system. This is the most common cause of vaginal dryness which can be found in any age group of women.
- Vaginal Irritants: Using Cosmetic products and chemical based soaps, perfumes, gels, lubricants, tampons, latex condoms may lead to vaginal dryness as these products can easily irritate the vaginal tissue.
- Skin Problems: Vulvar may also get affected with some of the skin conditions such as dermatitis and yeast infection may lead to painful intercourse and vaginal dryness.
- Common Causes: Apart from the above-mentioned causes & reasons, Vaginal Dryness can occur to the women having menopause, childbirth, medications, high-density sports, etc.
There are several treatment options for women with vaginal dryness. Some, such as vaginal moisturizers or lubricants, are available without a prescription. Others require a prescription, including a vaginal estrogen cream, tablet, capsule, or ring.
Laser Treatment is a new and innovative method which is loved nowadays. This laser treatment is done as the overall vaginal rejuvenation which is given by expert doctor. In this process, fractional CO2 Laser Technology is used and stimulate the collagen in the vaginal tissue by restoring the strength and elasticity. The whole process allows to increase the blood flow and thus increase the lubrication. There are various reasons to use the Laser Treatment such as:
- Minimally invasive
- Quick and easy
- Completely safe with no side-effects
- Convenient and comfortable procedure