What is Labiaplasty?
The term labiaplasty refers to a procedure that reduces the length of the labia minora. It is the most commonly performed vaginal rejuvenation procedure and it can relieve symptoms women experience from twisting and tugging of the labia. Women opt for surgery for a variety of reasons, including pain from twisting and tugging of the labia when riding a bike or during intercourse, itching, irritation and self-consciousness.
Procedure of Laser Labiaplasty
The addition of the CO2 Laser to the labial reduction surgery decreases swelling, bruising, pain and therefore speeds up the recovery. Dr. Volshteyn is extensively trained in laser technology and is using a laser to remove the excessive tissues. Because the laser seals the blood vessels as it cuts, the amount of bleeding is very inimal and therefore, the bruising, pain and swelling are also decreased. Also, laser energy by stimulating the production of collagen and improving the blood flow in the genital area leads to the rejuvenation of the vaginal lobes and decreases its stiffness. Remaining edges are closed after absorbent suture laser irradiation, leaving no scar on the lobes. The laser labiaplasty is usually performed on an out-patient basis using local or twilight anesthesia. Neither the clitoris nor the urethra is affected when the labia is made smaller. The labia will either be shortened or a small triangular-shaped wedge will be removed with the sides sutured together to form smaller skin folds. Retaining a natural shape along with all normal sensation is paramount. After completing the surgical procedure, the person can return home for one to two hours.
Advantages of given method:
- Non-surgical, non-invasive procedure and its risks are much less.
- Painless, pleasant therapy
- Without anaesthesia, rehabilitation period not required
- Tangible results after one séance you will be successful and impressive.
- Ensures the effect for longer period. This means that the results of this operation are irreversible after using the laser.
- For all skin types. Its results do not depend on the skin type and skin of the patient and can be done for any type of skin.