Monalisa laser after cares
MonaLisa laser is a functional vaginal rejuvenation treatment based on a special fractional CO2 laser, specifically created for the vaginal mucosa. Some women report slight localized discomfort for a few days after monalisa laser treatment. Sexual activity should be restricted for 2 to 3 days after monalisa laser treatment. NO time off work is necessary and most women almost immediately resume their normal routine.
MonaLisa touch prevents and resolves estrogen drops in the vaginal tissue (typically occurring during menopause or after childbirth) by re-activating the production of new collagen and reestablishing the conditions that the vaginal mucosa once had.
MonaLisa laser is now the most effective non-surgical and non-pharmacological solution for preventing and treating vaginal atrophy and its after-effects, which many women suffer from during menopause and after childbirth.
Post – Treatment Instructions
In first 24 hours after monalisa laser, skin may feel sensitive and may be red and swollen and treated area may be itchy. It’s important to follow your treatment provider instructions after monalisa laser treatment.
- After monalisa laser use cold compresses or cold gel packs (20 minutes on; then 20 minutes off) as needed for swelling and discomfort.
- Gently cleanse the area 2-3 times a day with sterile saline or a mild, hypoallergenic cleanser.
- Reapply ointment such as Aquphor after each wash and continue to use until skin is healed.
- After monalisa laser avoid lifting heavy weights or doing intense physical exercise for 3-4 days following the treatment.
- Refrain from sexual intercourse for a week (7 days) after the treatment.
- Wear loose, cotton underwear.
- Avoid wearing panty hose and tight-fitting pants.
- Schedule follow up visit recommended by your treatment provider.
- Keep area moist by applying occlusive ointment to the treated area.
- After monalis laser, wait 1 day before taking a shower or bath (avoid using hot water on the treated area until healing is complete.)